Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Highlights of this year


          Highlights of this year!!

My journey started when I was waiting to hear what class I was in. Butterflies ran into my mouth and down the stairs that lead them to my stomach. Then they said that I was in room 24 and my teacher for this year was… Mrs Karan! I was super excited. I then whispered to myself ``this is going to be so cool like a roller-coaster ride at rainbows end.” But then I heard the word Dream team. `` What is dream team?” I questioned myself. Finally I found my answer. The dream team is a group of classes’ room 22, 23, 24 and 25. These four classes have students that are high ability readers. Teachers have high expectations and standards for them. I am so grateful to be a part of this team.

We then went on an inspirational trip. We went to see Dr Ben Carson. But one thing that I really got out of it was think big. It stands for Talent, Honesty, Information, Nice, Knowledge, Books, Intellectual and God.

Next came term two and I was ready to learn something new. As days flew by Mrs Karan told us that she entered us in a competition called I love learning and of course we all love learning. We then got straight to work. After a few days we finally sent our posters and our video. We all had our fingers crossed. We then heard the news that one of our posters were in the finals. We were so excited it was like we won the lotto.

When term three came I was wondering if we were going to do something cool like the last two terms but then we heard terrible news… Margaret Mahy had passed away. So we decided to do some thing to honour her. After days of thinking what to do we finally decided to do a play. Every break time we practise until it was perfect. When the day came we were ready.

And now it is the last term and we are preparing a show. Its on our journey this year. this year has been amazing and as I said from the beginning it was going to be so fun like a roller-coaster ride! ``I cant wait until next year!!’’

No comments:

Post a Comment